You know what mine was? A bug spray. Ant and Roach killer, to be specific.
Yeah. I was really ecstatic. Seriously. It was truly my first prize I ever won. And I was really excited about it not just because it was my first prize, ever, but because the bug spray was 100% organic. Yeah, yeah, you say? I know summer is over but bugs are sill out there and in your house. And would you want to use those toxic bug sprays that kill not only bugs but are also harmful to you and your family, not to mention pets? Trust me. You’ll want to know about this company.
EcoSmart is a company that makes pesticides that are 100% organic and safe. In fact, the primary active ingredients in EcoSMART products are approved as Direct Food Additives or classified as GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration. The company touts that the oils used in their products are commonly used to add flavor and aroma in foods, cosmetics, and beverages that they are completely safe around children and pets. I wouldn’t squirt the stuff in my mouth but you don’t need to clear them out of the area when you are using their products.
They are right. I sprayed EcoSMART’s Ant and Roach Killer around our outdoor garbage can the day I received it and boy, the smell made me hungry. Really. The spray smelled like cinnamon and another familiar herb. It turns out the active ingredients in the Ant and Roach Spray are cinnamon and rosemary oils. I thought this pesticide won’t be effective because it smelled so good. (I always equate toxic smells to its effectiveness.) But it turns out that these essential oils interrupt a specific neurotransmitter receptors in insects.
Octopamine is a key insect neurotransmitter that regulates insect movement, behavior and metabolism. The blockage of the receptor activity prevents the transmission of the octopamine signals, which delivers quick knock down, kill and repellency against a wide variety of household pests such as cockroaches, ants, dust mites, flies, wasps, spiders, crickets, and fleas. A little entomology lesson there. This patent pending special formula of special blends of natural plant oils that are in EcoSMART’s products are every bit as effective as synthetic chemicals, killing bugs fast without any toxins or harmful residues. The spray not only killed the little carpenter ants but it also killed the little nets or fruit flies that were lingering around the garbage can.
- Very safe to use around children and pets
- Extremely Effective Against a Broad Spectrum of Insect Pests
- No toxic fumes or smells
- Unlike some “all natural” pesticides that you have to go to a special store to buy, EcoSMART products are available in many big chain stores and supermarkets.
- It might have been a faulty can or may be it was meant to be but when I sprayed the can, it came out as a stream and not as spray so it covered a concentrated area. I just didn’t like the concentrated stream, limiting the coverage area.
EcoSMART makes the only 100% safe insecticide that is proven to work. The company offers the only complete line of EPA exempt pesticides sold in the US.
Visit EcoSMART and see for yourself what other line of pet control products they carry.
EcoSMART was nice enough to offer a Home Pest Control Spray for my giveaway. Here are the rules:
1) One entry: visit EcoSMART and let me know what other product you like.
2) One entry: Tweet about the giveaway and include @ecokarenlee in your tweet
3) One entry: post on your facebook wall about the giveaway.
4) One entry: become my fan on facebook.
4) One entry: add my blog on any of the social bookmarks.
Remember, you have to leave me your e-mail address so that I can contact you. You can enter as often as you want.
Giveaway ends on Friday September 25th and I will announce the winner on 26th.
You can also enter EcoSMART’s daily giveaway. Check out their website for details.
For all the good they do for us, humans and pets, while taking care our pests, I give EcoSMART FIVE green hearts!