- Recycle your Christmas tree
- Recycle Christmas lights if they are broken and if you don’t have LED lights, buy them now (they are probably on sale) for next year
- Recycle old batteries
- Buy rechargeable batteries
- Cut out gift tags from Christmas cards you don’t want to keep.
- Straighten out the wrapping paper and reuse them for wrapping gifts next year.
- Save the ribbons and gift boxes too.
- Use reusable bags to carry presents.
- Bring containers if you are planning to take leftovers home from your mother’s house.
- If you received a gift that you don’t like, either re-gift or donate.
- Carpool when you go to the After-Christmas sale today.
- Donate to local shelter – it’s not too late
- And don’t forget the local animal shelter too. They usually need towels and blankets for the animals in the winter.
- Plan on having a green New Year’s Eve party (will post more on that next week)
Green tips for after Christmas
December 25, 2009 by Leave a Comment