I am a sucker. I gave in and got a dog for my daughter when she turned ten. What is it with kids wanting pets when they reach the ripe old age of ten? Do they think just because their age is now a double digit that they become responsible all of a sudden? My son went through it too but I was able to talk him out of it. He’s a boy. He can be persuaded. But not my daughter. She didn’t take ‘No’ for an answer.
Anyway, I got suckered into getting Rosey, – a Maltese, a hypoallergenic and non-shedding small ten-pounder of a bitch. Yes, I can say that because she’s a female dog… and also for what the word insinuates, sometimes.
She is five years old now and is paper trained and is generally good with not peeing in all the wrong places but she does occasionally barf – on my (her) couch, always on the same spot. There are still some accident spots that turned grey from when we were training her. And trust me when I say this – NONE OF THE STAIN REMOVERS I TRIED WORKED!!! What ended up happening was that the actual soiled matters disappeared but the evidence of the chemical reaction from the stain removers remained. In some areas, the stain turned grey (as shown below) even though original pee stain disappeared.
When Clean + Green contacted me to try their stain remover, I’ll be honest, I was not very confident that it was going to work and was ready to be disappointed, like with all the other stain removers. So after I received the package and waited for Rosey to have an accident to try it, I was not holding my breath. And wouldn’t you know it, as if she read my skepticism and reluctance, she was being the perfect pet and was not having any accidents or barfing anywhere. The rep from Clean + Green e-mailed me, gently asking, if I tried the product and how I liked it. (She probably thought, “Oh man, when is this lady going to post the review?”) I told her, my dog has been behaving so well and I doubt I can use her as a subject to test the product. I asked her – how does it work on Spaghetti stains? (Yes, I’m that brave – all in the name of a through product review.) She said, it works on ALL stains. Wow. She was that confident, I thought. Then, she said, as if she had a premonition, “Watch, as soon as you use spaghetti stain to test, your dog will have an accident.” What do they say? From a babe’s mouth to God’s ears?
Two days after that conversation, as if she willed Rosey, the bitch peed on my white bathroom rug, and barfed on the couch three days after that. Damn the rep! If Rosey gets a check in the mail, I’ll be really pissed.
Clean + Green came to the rescue? What do you think?
Did it work? I’ll let you see the result.
Need I say more? You can clearly see the ‘Before’ and ‘After’ pictures as you go down each column
Top of the rug – left column Under the rug – right column
Ta da! – A NEW old rug. I wish I used the video to show you how quickly the yellow stain disappeared right in front of my eyes. It really was magical. I could not believe it. I did wash the rug afterwards because it was time to wash it anyway but I really didn’t need to. The stain was totally g-o-n-e!!
I was now curious. How about those four year old yellow-turned-grey pee stains? The rep warned me that it might not work as well since the fibers would have changed from the original stain or from the chemicals used in trying to remove the stain. But I thought, it doesn’t hurt to try, right?
So here are a pair of four year old stains, and just for you, I selected two side-by-side ones – I have all kinds of combination, trust me. And don’t judge me – I am about to change the carpet in my bedroom to wood soon…but may be not, after seeing these results!
The photos above on the right was taken about five minutes after I sprayed. The photo below was taken four days after I sprayed. And you know these are the same stains I sprayed because of the little brown specs of stain above the left one.
Holey Moley! I am totally, unequivocally, shamelessly convinced now that Clean + Green works!! I was so ready to write the review… and then Rosey barfed on my (her) couch. (My mom always says, “never compliment anyone because he/she/it will always make you eat your words.” Thanks Mom, again.) Rosey really wants me to be convinced, for sure. That little B…
The Barf Couch
Note to self: she doesn’t like scrambled eggs.
What can I say? They got me. I am a firm believer now. The stuff friggin WORKS!! And the best part? You DON’T have to scrub. You just spray and walk away. In fact, longer you stay away, cleaner it gets. Where was this stuff when Rosey was a puppy???
What is in this stuff anyway?
The all natural ingredients are from:
- cane sugar derivatives,
- proprietary botanical extracts
- hydrated cellulose (cleaning agents),
- purified water
Also, the propellant used is nitrogen and not chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) so you can be rest assured that it is safe for the ozone layer and does not harm the environment.
About Clean + Green
Quincy Yu, a mom of five kids and a dog, Simon, started Clean + Green in an effort to keep a clean and safe home for her large family. Each product has to pass Simon’s “sniff” test and her “clean” test. Clean + Green is safe on all water-safe surfaces, non-toxic, non-flammable, non-corrosive, non-carcinogenic and 100% biodegradable. It works on contact so you don’t have to scrub or soak. As long as it is sprayed on the stain, it friggin’ WORKS!! (I’m still shaking my head in disbelief!) And you know what? I betcha, it will take out spaghetti stains, red wine stains, and even may be blood stains. I didn’t try those but I think I just may, just for the hell of it. Maybe not the blood. I’m not that crazy. (“What? You are bleeding? Can you just walk over here and drop some blood on the carpet, honey?” – no, that’s not happening)
In addition to the Carpet & Upholstery Stain and Odor Remover (for Cats and Dogs) that I tried, the company also makes:
- Concrete Odor Eliminator, Cleaner & Stain Remover (for Cats and Dogs)
- Furniture Refresher (for Cats and dogs)
- Wood & Tile Odor Eliminator, Cleaner & Stain Remover (for Cats and Dogs)
- De-Skunk Coat Cleaner
- Litter Box Odor Eliminator and Cleaner
- Small Animals – All purpose Odor Eliminator and Cleaner
- Cage Odor Eliminator & Cleaner (for Bird and Ferret)
The only tiny question I had was what is in their “Proprietary” botanical extracts. I know every company has its trade secrets but I would really like to know what they are. The other minor issue was being careful not to tilt the can too much to prevent the propellant to escape too fast. That was a little tricky when you are spraying downward onto the floor.
But overall, I am in love with this product. And according to the website, it’s sold in my local supermarket, Stop and Shop!! Yay! I’m going to have to buy a case so that I don’t’ have to buy a new carpet! It’ll still be cheaper.
For its 100% effectiveness and being uber eco-friendly, I give Clean + Green five green hearts!
GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED
But if you want to try a can of this amazing Clean + Green Pet Stain Remover, you can buy it from Amazon via this link or from any pet supply store.
Clean + Green is so sure that you’ll like their product too that they have offered to giveaway one product of your choice. You’d be a fool not to try their product so enter for a chance to win. There are lots of ways to win.
Here are the giveaway rules:
- The giveaway is open to those who are my subscribers only. If you are not my current subscriber, you must subscribe by using the feedburner subscription for e-mail or RSS. Your e-mail address will NOT be shared with anyone or posted anywhere.
- You must be over 18 years old who lives within US.
- When you fill out the form, I can see your e-mail address; DO NOT leave your e-mail address with your comment.
- This giveaway will end at 11:59 PM EST on Thursday June 10, 2010
- One winner will be chosen at random, generated by a random.org, and will be announced on Friday June 11, 2010.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway.
- You must respond within three days after giveaway is closed to be eligible.
- There is no limit as to how many times you can enter. Each comment is one entry.
- If you don’t use one of the ways to enter as below, I will consider it to be SPAM and delete the entry.
- SRP is $7.99
Here is how you can enter and please only leave me a comment related to this product and giveaway:
- Visit Clean + Green and leave a comment here why you want to try Clean + Green.
- What other Clean + Green product would you like to try.
- Share this giveaway with a friend and Cc me - karen[at]ecokaren[dot]com
- Follow Clean + Green (@seayu) on Twitter and let me know by adding @ecokarenlee on your tweet.
- Be a fan of Clean + Green on Facebook
- You can also enter by tweeting about the giveaway! Please use @ecokarenlee so that I know you tweeted
- Blog about this giveaway. If you do not have a blog, then, you can post on any social media instead. (Facebook, MySpace, etc.) and leave me a comment here with a link.
- Add me as a friend or fan on Facebook
- Follow me on Twitter
- Grab my button and put it on your blog.