I save used glass jars to store foods or non-food items but there are just so many I can use. So I end up recycling the glass jars but since the lids are not recyclable, I collect them to reuse. One of my favorite ways to reuse them is to make photo frame ornaments. If you think it’s too stupid simple, you are right!
Here is my collection of jar lids that I’m going to use to make the ornaments.
How to make photo ornaments with glass jar lids
First, you’ll need:
- Glass Jar Lids – any size.
- Photos that you can cut up
- Epoxy Glue
- Acrylic Paint in any color you want to decorate the lids with
- Paint brush
- Glitter and/or any holiday decorative embellishments
- Ribbons, cut to about 4″ long
- Pencils and Scissors
- Magnet discs for making refrigerator magnets
1. Paint the lids and decorate with embellishments and glitter.
2. Let the paint and the embellishments dry for a few hours.
3. Add ribbons.
4. Outline the lids on the photos by using the pencil and cut out the circle around the photo. You can always trim the excess once you’ve cut out the photo according to the size of the lid.
These make great stocking stuffers, gifts for family members (grandparents LOVE these), and even as gift tags.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for ecokaren to operate as a blog to provide information for my readers, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that I believe would be of value to you and that I approve. Reviews and opinions are 100% mine.