I used to use disposable felt pads to put under the legs so that the floor doesn’t get scratched. But more than that, so that I don’t get goosebumps and hair raising from hearing the screeching noise every time someone drags the chair on the floor.
Scrrrrr-eeeee-chhhhh. Eeeeek. Goosebumps. Chills.
Then one day, my Mom brought me these little footsies from Korea. Those clever Koreans…….
OK. Some of you might think they are dorky or shabby but guess what? I never have to spend money on buying those disposable ones that I had to throw away after about a month because they were worn out and “gross-to-the-max” underneath.
And, they are reusable so they are eco-friendly!
So, I don’t care if they look shabby or cheesy. I made footsies for ALL my chairs….with these free re-upholstery fabric scraps that I got from a re-upholstery store.
If you want to make these, they are so stupid simple. It’s another one of those, “Why didn’t I think of that?” projects.
- 4 Circle Cut outs from a heavy duty fabric – at least 7″ in diameter for regular chair legs. If you have fatter ones, obviously, you need larger circles.
- Hem Binding Tape in the length of a circumference of the circle. So that you don’t have to jog your memory from your Middle School’s geometry, Diameter X Pi (3.14) = Circumference and then multiply the circumference by 4 for the total length, since there are 4 legs.
- 4 Rubber bands
- Sweater or thick fabric Scraps for padding
- Pin and sew the binding tape all around the circular pieces, being careful not to miss the stitching. Another option is to either serge the edges or use zigzag stitching around the edges
- Put the padding material in the middle of the circle, on top of the fabric. Put the leg down gently on top of the padding.
- Wrap the footsie up and around the chair leg and secure the rubber band around the leg’s bottom, wrapping it around a few times if needed. I could have sewn the elastic band inside the footsie to make it neater but wrapping a rubber band around the leg was much simpler than trying to sew a 4″ elastic around a 21″ circle.
And when these footsies get dirty, just throw them in the wash. Easy peasy.
Now, pull and push the chair all you want.