- Use Smart Strip for your idling appliances. I know you unplug all your idling appliances but did you know that there is a power strip that turns off those appliances for you automatically? It’s called Smart Strip. It was even featured on Oprah!
- If you don’t have a low-flow toilet, put a half-gallon milk jug filled with water in the tank. Displacing the water could save water more than 4,000 gallons a year!
- Use organic cotton balls or reusable make up pads. Why use regular cotton balls that have been processed with chlorine? If you want to use disposable cotton balls, at least buy organic. But of course, reusable ones made of organic cotton flannel are the best.
- Take your shoes off when you come inside your house. You won’t track in all those pesticides and other harmful chemicals into the house. If you don’t want to take them off, at least, wipe your feet on a doormat before you step inside.
- Give up you your garbage disposal and compost. Spring is right around the corner. You’ll need some plant juice soon. It’s never too late to compost so start now.
Great tips all around! We do #4 religiously, in fact Matt & I both leave our slippers on the side of the doormat by the door so our feet are never cold but we can still take off our shoes as soon as we come in. The milk jug is a terrific tip, will have to get on that asap.