Here are 5 tips on saving water.
1. Don’t let the water run while brushing your teeth – Did you know running your water from your faucet for one minute wastes 2.5 gallons of fresh water? Turn it off while brushing your teeth!!
2. Take shorter showers – Every minute of shower uses 12 bottles of water! Learn to take shorter shower. Learn from the military. Keep it a 5 minute shower!
3. Take Back the Tap – Drink filtered tap water but keep a pitcher in the refrigerator so that you are not running your tap to make it cold.
4. Water your lawn – early in the morning or in the evening when you don’t lose water to evaporation.
5. Install a double flush toilet … the next time you renovate. Look at this toilet from Duke University. There are two settings for different ‘activity’.
There are so many more ways to save water but just doing these five things is a start.
What do you do to save water? And what are you going to START doing to save water?