Is that too much to ask?
I know. I know. The chemical make up of these pesky stains are all different, ergo, different stains require different removers. Yeah, I get that.
Well, I did some digging into the most common stains that we come across and tried the following methods of removing them.
And guess what the most effective and safest stain removers are? Read the following list and find out.
7 safe stain removers for your common household stains.
1. Chocolate – dish washing detergent –> totally worked.
2. Sweat Stain – Hydrogen Peroxide –> I added baking soda and made a paste. That worked better than just Hydrogen Peroxide
3. Tomato Sauce – White Vinegar – totally worked but there was a ring where the vinegar was. I probably need to wash the whole garment afterwards to prevent that.
4. Wine – Salt, then, boiling water –> did not work 100% although the stain was not as dark but you can still see it.
5. Coffee – lemon Juice – –> did not work as well either. I can still see the brownish spot although it’s much less.
6. Grass Stains – nail polish remover –>Surprised about this result but totally worked.
7. Blood – if blood stain is fresh, run the stain under COLD water. If the stain is dried, add salt to cold water and let the stain soak for a couple of hours before washing it in cold water. If stain is still there, put salt+baking soda paste on the stain for an hour and then wash in cold water and detergent. I’ve also used Oxy Clean type of whitener with detergent to get the stain out. But the key is washing it in cold water. Never warm water.
Oh, and pet stains? I love Clean + Green. Hands down.
Do you have a secret formula you use for removing stains?
Source for #1-6: Show Me How