Happy Birthday America!!
How are you celebrating America’s 235th Birthday?
BBQ with friends? A trip to the beach? A picnic at the park?
Whatever you do, consider these factors when you are BBQ’ng or driving to your vacation destination.
1. Don’t drink and drive. I know. It’s a no brainer but I just had to remind you….cuz, I love you.
2. Take it slow on the road. It will save lives and save gas.
3. Don’t text and drive. (See #1 for my reason.)
4. Going to the beach? Don’t litter. Anything you throw out on the beach will end up in the ocean and they will undoubtedly be swallowed by a marine life, potentially killing them. The most common trash on the beach? Disposable water bottles and caps, among other disgusting things like tampon applicators, hypodermic needles, and even condoms. What a horror!
5. Going on a picnic? Use reusable place settings and cutlery instead of disposables. End of story.
6. Having a backyard BBQ? Did you know that on Fourth of July alone, 2,300 acres of forest are consumed and 225,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide are released into the atmosphere? But if you have to grill, it’s better to use eco-friendly, slow burning, lump charcoal from mesquite trees and not those toxic charcoal briquettes. Propane is slightly better but still, not that much better since it’s using up non-renewable energy source.
So I leave you with a few posts to keep you busy.
Weekend Round Up
1. Wanna try eating more veggies this weekend? Here is Eating Vegan: The July 4th Edition.
3. How healthy is your bedroom? Determining how healthy your bedroom is (not that kind) simple and solutions are simpler.