GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED
If you haven’t noticed by the big box picture above, this review about women’s monthly ‘thang.’ (I’m not trying to be a sexist but if you are a man, I don’t know if you want to stick around for this. I mean, you can, but you can certainly handover your iPad to your woman instead.) Specifically, it’s about what women need because of our monthly ‘thang’.
Yup. It’s about “that time of the month” and the essential tools we need to survive through the month. (And that’s not including any aid, chemical or non-chemical, we need to keep us calm and soothed, and to assuage the roller coaster rides we go through every month, emotional or otherwise.)
And if you are like me, being that woman of certain age, your bathroom supply closet can stand up against any local pharmacy. But I have to admit; mine are not the most eco-friendly variety. They aren’t organic and they all have some sort of plastic wrappings. They are not biodegradable and they’ll be sitting in a landfill, if not incinerated. And for some women, the most popular brands on the market can also cause irritations because of these chemicals.
So when a rep contacted me to review Maxim’s Hygiene Products, a company that carries organic and natural cotton feminine products, I was delighted to try their alternative.
Maxim Hygiene Products
In looking deeper into personal hygienic feminine napkins and tampons for this review, I learned some disturbing information.
Most feminine products contain synthetics chemicals like dioxin, chlorine, polyethylene or polypropylene and wood fiber.
I avoid these chemicals on my skin so why am I using them “down there”, in direct contact with the most sensitive part of my body?
Those white fluffy natural looking pads and tampons are not at all natural! Furthermore, the tabs with adhesives, paper backing, and obviously, the outside packaging are all synthetic.
So, since finding out these facts, I have switched all my feminine products to organic. You can find Maxim’s products in stores on most states or online. Or you can buy them from the Amazon widget I have on the lower right hand side (Disclaimer: if you buy from the widget on this site, I will receive a small credit from Amazon.) If you buy organic clothing, eat organic foods, and use beauty products without harsh chemicals, there is no reason why you should use feminine products with chemicals. None. What so ever. And if you have daughter, like I do, you should definitely encourage her to switch too.
Because I wholeheartedly believe that we should do better for our feminine health, I strongly suggest that we switch to natural feminine products like Maxim’s.
And Maxim company is generous enough to offer a year supply of pads or tampons of your choice! That’s 12 boxes of your choice of feminine product!!
How awesome is this offer? Too bad I can’t participate!
Here is how to enter.
How to Enter the Giveaway
- Giveaway is open to those who are ecokaren’ e-mail subscribers only. If you are not my current subscriber, you must subscribe by using the subscription link for e-mail. Your e-mail address will NOT be shared with anyone or posted anywhere.
- You must be over 18 years old who lives within U.S.
- When you fill out the form, I can see your e-mail address; DO NOT leave your e-mail address with your comment unless you enjoy SPAM.
- This giveaway will end at 11:59 PM EST on Sunday July 24, 2011
- One winner will be chosen at random, generated by a random.org, and will be announced on Monday, July 25, 2011.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway.
- You must respond within three days after giveaway is closed to be eligible.
- There is no limit as to how many times you can enter. Each comment is one entry.
- If you don’t use one of the ways to enter as below, I will consider it to be SPAM and delete the entry.
- SRP is approximately $70
Here is how you can enter and please only leave me a comment related to this product and giveaway:
- Leave a comment here which product you would like to try from Maxim by visiting their website and leaving the link in the comment section.
- You can subscribe to Maxim’s monthly FREE newsletter about new products and promotion.
- Follow @maximhy on Twitter and let me know by adding @ecokarenlee on your tweet.
- “like” Maxim on faccebook and tag me @ecokarenspage.
- You can also enter by tweeting about the giveaway! Please use @ecokarenlee so that I know you tweeted
- Blog about this giveaway.
- “Share” the giveaway on your facebook wall and make sure to add @ecokarenspage to your post so I know.
- “like” my fanpage on Facebook (@ecokarenspage) and leave me a comment here.
- Follow me on Twitter (@ecokarenlee) and say you heard about the giveaway. Again, mention @ecokarenlee so I know.