Lasagna is one of those dishes that I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with.
Hate making it but love, LOVE, LOVE eating it, especially, the next day. How about you? Well, since I don’t eat dairy anymore, I miss having lasagna.
But no more missing it!
I made this veggie lasagna with leftover Veggie Stew from last week and it was a big hit! I used Daiya cheese (Have you ever had Daiya cheese? OMG! It’s just like cheese made with dairy but it’s made with Tapioca! Who knew ‘fake’ cheese would taste so good!!) and organic corn tortilla so it’s totally vegan and wheat free! You can substitue the “veggie stew” with black beans if you didn’t make my veggie stew with chick peas. But if you made it, you should have a plenty leftover to make this lasagna.
And I kid you not when I say, this is the BEST veggie lasagna recipe because it’s SO easy to make, it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and yummylicious!
This is not your grandma’s lasagna folks. Actually, even she would approve it, I bet.
The BEST Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
- 15 Oz. Eden Foods Organic Black Beans
or my Veggie Stew
- 1 C White Button Mushrooms – quartered
- 2 Cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 Med Onion – chopped
- A variety of roasted or grilled vegetables: peppers, zucchini, eggplants – sliced lengthwise
- 1 C Daiya Cheddar or Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 C Tomato Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chopped scallions and cilantro to garnish
- Cut up lime wedges
- Saute onions and garlic in high heat until onion is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until they are golden brown.
- Cut corn tortilla shells in half. Set aside.
Now the fun part. You are going to layer all the ingredients together.
- First, line the bottom of a 8×8 inch glass pan with some tomato sauce. Then, add a layer of corn tortilla pieces to cover. Then add the beans (or veggie stew) generously.
- Sprinkle Daiya cheese and cover the beans,
- Add Tortilla pieces.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add sautéd mushrooms.
- Sprinkle Daiya Cheese
- Add tortilla pieces
- Add grilled vegetable slices
- Add tortilla pieces.
- Cover with tomato sauce on top.
- Top with cheese.
Bake in preheated over at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until the cheese melts.
When it’s done, plate it, and top it with chopped scallions and cilantro. Squeeze some lime juice on top.
Tell me this doesn’t look good. I promise you; it tastes as good as it looks! Go ahead and make it tonight! And save a piece for tomorrow’s lunch. Or make two and freeze one!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for ecokaren to operate as a blog to provide information for my readers, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that I believe would be of value to you and that I approve. Reviews and opinions are 100% mine.