I’ve been seeing a lot of ruffles recently…….everywhere…….and L.O.V.I.N.G. them.
No matter where or how they are used or what color they are, they seem feminine and H.O.T.!
I wish I was Size 8 because this blouse is so gorgeous, I’d buy it in a heart beat. It’s still available if you are size 8! Hurry.
And how about this whimsical Christmas stockings from EcoEtsy Team member, Rikrak. They are made with eco-felt. Cute, huh?
So I’ve stocked my shop with some ruffles. Remember the t-shirt memory quilt I made for Andrew? Well, after I used the front panels of the t-shirts to make the quilt, I had all these back panels left. I couldn’t throw them out right?
So, I made all these ruffled ‘this’ and ruffled ‘that’.
**I don’t know how to make the orange color not to glow in the dark like that in the picture but it doesn’t really glow in the dark.**
And with leftover strips of jersey fabric, I made a bunch of these florettes.
Wait until you see what I make with these. I’ll list them soon. I promise.
After I’m done with the florettes, I will venture into the corduroy and lace territory and see what I can come up with this pile. I didn’t buy any of the fabric and notions pictured here. They were from my friend’s mom who doesn’t sew anymore. She had some awesome fabric… in yards……including this pile of corduroy. I have more that’s not pictured here so I’ll be busy this winter.
Oh, did you notice the graceful, painfully thin and perfect mannequin above? That was my most prized dumpster dumping effort to date. Ever. Well, ok, I lied. A friend saw mannequins piled up in front of a store that was going out of business. So he picked up a few. He’s the epitome of Craigslist king. When “Craig” built the website, he built it for my friend. Anyway, when he heard I desperately needed a mannequin, he gave me the cleanest one. This is what she looks like without the turtle neck. Call me old fashioned but I’m sorry, she looked naked without a shirt so I put the turtle neck on her for the photo shoot.
Anyway, there they are. My latest items in the shop….just in time for the holiday. I’ll listing them all day today.
And now for the GIVEAWAY! Yay!
This Red/Black Ruffled Scarflette is accented with a hand sewn flower. The fabric is upcycled cotton jersey and it measures about 13″ x 7″ when it’s flat. It will keep you warm and stylish.
Just a few things you should know about the giveaway…..
• Giveaway is open to 18 year or older blog subscribers only. If you are not my current subscriber, please subscribe by using the feedburner subscription for e-mail or RSS. Your e-mail address will NOT be shared with anyone or posted anywhere.
• DO NOT leave your e-mail address with your comment unless you like receiving SPAM from unknown strangers. ONLY I can see your e-mail address when you fill out the form so do not leave it with your actual comment.
• This giveaway will end at 11:59 PM EST on Saturday October 30, 2010. One winner will be chosen at random, generated by a random.org, and will be announced on Sunday, October 31, 2010. Please respond within three days after giveaway is closed to be eligible.
• No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway.
• There is no limit as to how many times you can enter. Each comment is one entry.
• If you don’t use one of the ways to enter as below, I will consider it to be SPAM and delete the entry.
• SRP is $30
Now the fun part. Please answer any of the questions below. One answer is one entry.
That’s it! Now let’s hear your answers and let us get to know ya!