Going solar is a savvy solution to the multitude of environmental problems caused by greenhouse gases. Solar technology generates sustainable and clean energy and conserves the environment from the harmful effects of carbon emissions. Although initially, conversion to a hybrid solar model does require a significant investment, the solar system starts paying off within three to five years of installation. The Australian government is also offering various rebates and feed-in incentives to cut off the financial burden on solar consumers.
Though solar technology quite effectively converts solar energy into usable power, it is significant to contemplate the following things to maximize the energy output of solar PV systems.
1. Assess Roof Construction Quality
Before investing in a solar PV system, roof construction inspection is mandatory. Various old infrastructures often become weak and susceptible to damage after solar system installation processes, resulting in later inconvenience. So, to avoid any losses, renovate longstanding constructions before solar panel inductions.
2. Roof Setup
Roof location is another vital factor that affects the performance of solar panels. Most of the time, rooftops are open and fully exposed to sunlight – allowing solar panels to produce solar energy at high-efficiency rates. However, murky or covered roofs do not provide that “solar window” to the solar panels, and solar PV systems eventually underperform. Thus, for a favorably sunlit place for solar panels, roof areas must be open and fully exposed to the sun. But, if it is not the case for any solar consumer, they should consider other options, such as movable racking systems to change small angles or opt for community solar modules.
3. Select the Correct Position for Solar Panel Mounting
Correct mounting direction is the critical factor for generating maximum solar energy. So, pursue the following rules of thumb for installing solar panels at various locations:
- South-facing roofs are perfect in the northern hemisphere regions. The solar modules installed in the south direction get maximum sunlight and enable solar panels to perform at high capacity.
- North-facing roofs are excellent in the southern hemisphere areas. The solar panels installed in the north direction get maximum sunlight and enable solar panels to perform at high capacity.
- Solar consumers who do not need solar power in the early day hours can install solar panels in a west-facing direction. However, solar users who require solar energy in the morning hours should install solar panels in an east-facing orientation.
- West and east-facing roofs generally get less sunlight and decrease the solar panel efficiency rates. However, tilting in apt directions and mounting at specific angles can optimize the efficiency rates.
4. Consider Public Incentives
In numerous countries, governments provide financial assistance to new solar power consumers. Solar support by the government includes different percentages of rebates depending upon user eligibility and incentives such as investment subsidies that partially cover the solar panel installation costs. However, feed-in tariffs, more popular in Australia, also known as net metering, allow solar consumers to sell their extra-produced solar energy to the government via operating grids at specific rates. Therefore, check your solar rebate eligibility before shifting to solar technology.
5. Calculate Average Power Consumption
Before going hybrid, it is good to comprehend the average power consumption to pick the most suitable solar PV system. Also, new consumers can ask for expert assistance with their power calculations by consulting professional solar PV installers.
Power estimations help new users to make informed decisions about the required number of solar panels, solar PV system KVAs (a measure of the apparent power of solar systems), what type of inverters and solar batteries will be required, etc.
After all the research and considerations, the final step is to pick a professional solar panel installer. Expert solar PV system installers have the following differentiae:
- Must have working permits and clean energy certifications.
- They offer proficient evaluations as per consumer-specific situations.
- Users can buy solar modules from them as they are authorized dealers of many known brands.
- They advise solar consumers about suitable solar technology and installations.
- They have expert and skilled technicians for solar panel installations.
- They ensure professional installations with perfect connections.
Also, certified solar panel installers assist solar users in obtaining updated renewable power incentives and rebates offered by the government.
After the disastrous impact of global warming and precarious economic conditions, it is high time to shift to hybrid power solutions. Solar PV systems have the potential to cater to a wide range of energy requirements. Solar power empowers users by facilitating a hybrid electricity module and setting them free from the bonding of the expensive traditional grid power. Therefore, go solar and enjoy reduced electricity bills within a clean, green environment.